Farm Insurance

Whether you have a small hobby farm or a large commercial farm, it's important to have the right insurance coverage to protect your farm against a range of potential risks.

Coverage tailored for farmers

Running a farm is hard work and comes with many unique risks. From unpredictable weather to equipment malfunctions and livestock-related incidents, it's important to protect your farm against the unexpected. Farm insurance is designed to provide financial protection in case of property damage, liability claims, and other unforeseen circumstances that may arise on your farm.

Commercial farm insurance

Who is Farm Insurance for?

Farm insurance is essential for anyone who owns or operates a farm, regardless of the size of the farm or the type of farming operation.

  • Livestock owners and farmers
  • Crop farmers
  • Dairy and poultry farmers
  • Produce farmers
  • Wine growers
  • Aquaculture farmers
  • Timber/forestry plantation owners
  • Hobby farmers

What are the different types of Farm Insurance?

There are several different types of farm insurance policies that are available to help protect your farm against various risks. Some of the most common types of farm insurance include:

Property Insurance
This may cover your farm buildings, equipment, and other property against damage or loss caused by fire, theft, or other covered events.

Livestock Insurance
This may cover your livestock against loss or damage due to accidents, natural disasters, or other covered events.

Crop Insurance
This may cover your crops against damage or loss due to weather-related events, pests, or other covered events.

Liability Insurance
This may cover you against claims of bodily injury or property damage that arise from accidents on your farm.

Hobby farm insurance

Vie General Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 80 655 329 016 trading as Vie Finance & Insurance is an Authorised Representative 1294745 of Insurance House Pty Ltd ABN 33 006 500 072 AFSL 240954.

Financial Services Guide | Complaints | Privacy | Code of Practice

The information in this website is general information only and may not be suitable for your individual circumstances. You should obtain professional advice and consider the information in the relevant product disclosure statement or policy wording before deciding to purchase a policy. The information in this website is intended for Australian Residents only.